This morning I sat down at my desk for another day of research and writing. I brought up my current go-to AIs. The first is an AI called Claude. When I first started using Claude, it was the most efficient and useful app in my group of helpers. Then the upgrade nags began. I checked out the cost and found the price to be okay. I was still going to investigate others. Some were just too much phone and "codes" secret agent junk to be useful. I passed on them. I am currently shopping to upgrade my equipment to a tower with the hardware to build my own AI, which I have done in the past when they were glorified chatbots with huge storage drives.
As time passed, the upgrade ads became banners, and then the time to use them was shorter and shorter. This morning I typed in 4 sentences, and it again stopped and put the usual 6-hour hold on my work after demanding an upgrade. This has the effect of making it necessary to either leave your computer sitting there doing nothing with that on the screen for those 6 hours or erase your project you were working on and go to something else. Not a good promotion of usefulness.
So I have been simply switching to other AI units to finish my projects. This morning, yet another froze in the upgrade or else mode. I sat at the frozen screen and started thinking of ways to pull that power away from the mega corporations. Why should they possess the power of knowledge when it should be free to all who seek it?
We buy our equipment and take the time to set it up and install it. Sit down and expect to find what we need for the pursuit of our lives' empowerment. The religious orders have done this for millennia, as have governments throughout history. Control of the ignorant masses.
I agree that an intellectual product is due its price. I doubt anyone would argue that. The mega corps are driving the AI industry with no side rails or brakes to control the genie they have let out of the bottle. Senator Rand Paul just voted to allow the unknown to grow exponentially without restraints after Senator Kennedy wanted to pass a bill to put safeguards on AI. So the next part of history may just be the genie outgrowing humanity.
We are already building autonomous killing machines called drones. The general masses only know what is dibbied out to them. I read a while ago that we are only told of obsolete tech handed down to pacify us with what once was labeled shock and awe. That's just what those in the shadows allow us to know.
Paranoia, you say? Read on and be inspired to change your perspective.
But about the AI, collections are now available to the general masses... Most are excellent, and others are pigeonholed into specialization. Which is great in that they become a dedicated tool to be applied to specific jobs. But what about just general use for the general public? Here is what I am saying, and I have heard no one yet has this idea.
Ever hear of SETI? It's a system that uses, or used, I haven't been on there since the 1980s (maybe), that used idle home computers for space investigations or something. I don't remember the specifics of the idea.
If enough people got together and set up the same type of system to make a network of their own. Each with security and such, many folks like myself have large secured hard drives that would be very useful in a series of small secure computer cells that would act as neural brain cells joined together over long distances. Each acting as a link in a chain. It would work like the original Internet worked, with modern safeguards built in. If one cell went down, others would step in to connect. Maybe a satellite link to eliminate landline problems.
I sit in frustration here as my project is boogered up by upgrade demands, which will just ask for more upgrades and mega monster control. I have to find a way to obtain one of those NVIDIA-type tabletop supercomputers with 128-byte RAMs in them. That will allow me to build a completely off-grid AI of my own design and flavor, without the nags and upgrade phone-tag game codes.
I will continue my search for pieces to construct my Frankenstein AI. I hope there are many others who are doing the same. I know it would take a building-sized rack of electronics to run like Google, etc., but even a small home unit to help run my LLC in-house more efficiently would be truly God-sent for people. Imagine the influencer who could wield such independence. All your tools are working in your own safe system, ready to build in-house and then, if needed, be sent out to the world from that system.
This may seem to be delusional to some who see the mega system as the only way. I have spent a lifetime searching for a way to completely break away from the system without moving into a cave and wearing animal skins. Develop programs and projects to power MY own version of the world. Not outside the world as it is, but completely independent. Like anyone who has just landed on Mars. Connected with Mother Earth, just no longer dependent on it for anything more than a backup system.
Think of the possibilities of your own system in-house that can write articles, check the English, run checks for problems, and search for information without the nagging demands and junk phone codes for your computer. To me, those "send you a code" are junk and a waste of time.
I once watched an 11-year-old kid hack his friend's computer with a certain Linux OS, which peeled back every safeguard the friend's computer had in minutes. It was a bet when one friend challenged another to do it. I was flabbergasted watching this event. So I know that the phone tag "give you a code" is PR BS, just to make you feel better.
Think of the safety factor of having your own AI inside your system. Use that AI to build and develop your improvements by having it improve itself and using it whenever and wherever you need it, at no cost. Imagine now that as your personal IAI grows with our controls on it and learns your needs, it upgrades by writing its own programs, even in tiny modules. Imagine writing a program to correct the system you're using. The possibilities are truly endless. Maybe your system writes a program to use other system programs, and your AI asks for a better system to help it run.
This is not fantasy in this day and age. It is possible. With time and connection to parts, the possibility of your own AI is a real possibility.
The major obstacle is the expense of building. But it's like public transit and buying an automobile. If you're going the distance, you will spend the time and money one way or the other. One way, you are dependent on major limitations of where and how you get there. The other way, you may have a bit more expense, but the trade-off is that you can go directly to the destination if you choose to do so. And there are no added things to worry about if done efficiently.
I have downloaded the Llama program with many of the parts to make it a base for my future AI. I spend many hours hunting and building on my only slightly up-to-date Lenovo laptop. This laptop has served me very well, and I wish it had the ability to do what I need. It has served me for quite a while. With a fledgling LLC, I will be using it a bit longer. And please, if you're a loan company, don't contact me with huge offers of money offers. My LLC will grow on its own merits.
That's another positive of having a personal AI in-house: never having its searches eavesdropped on. So 50 ads end up covering your screen when you're typing an article.
I will keep you posted on my building if you're interested. It's all in fun, after all. What do you think is the best way to build your own AI in your own system?
If you're reading this and it has happened to you, or you have comments, feel free to chime in and contribute
Till next time Dear friends, may the sun shine warmly on you, and the wind be always at your back; may the road rise to guide you.
R.J.Pickering
No comments:
Post a Comment